Monday, September 20, 2010

Small Thoughts on Balance

Boyfriend and I are finally getting into the groove of things in our and our external relationships. Rules are being scrutinized and renegotiated, most of them being tossed aside as being unnecessary or as stemming from haphazard feelings. Which is not to say that we are going to be going about our independent business willy-nilly, but that we are learning more and more communication and honesty are key, as opposed to the many mundane obstacles we started with.


Though our experiences had been unbalanced for months, with myself developing a relationship with another man while Boyfriend has been without momentum, the scales seem to be evening. Gaining some extra doses of confidence, Boyfriend has been going on some dates of his own, lessening fears and jealousy that espoused from feeling left out. And I couldn't be happier. This sounds strange to my "normal" friends, but I love the man and, quite frankly, I know others will as well and both he and they shouldn't be denied.

While I know that this shift is new and still going to be ever-changing I am thankful for its presence now.

No comments:

Post a Comment