Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks

In addition to good health and stability I have much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving day, being especially blessed with the presence of some amazingly beautiful creatures whom I can call friends and companions. While it is easy to get sucked into the family dramas and annual holiday suckery, a pitfall I too ended up focusing on all too much while being stuck in the mandatory holiday rounds with antagonistic and judgemental family members, it is important to remind myself of the truly positive experiences and people I have been touched by and learned from.

Thanks to all of you who have helped to bring me out of my shell, however uncomfortable and jarring the experience may have been. Thanks to friends and family that have given their unconditional love and support to my life choices, realizing I don't lead the most conventional life your welcoming ears and shoulders are worth all that much more. I thank everyone that has been, is, and may be part of my continuing journey of self-discovery, self-love, and romping through this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment